Tuesday, August 19

A Place To Write

Where do you write? Do you get better results in certain areas?

I've heard that many authors have certain areas that they go to write, where their creative juices flow the best. Personally, I usually find myself sprawled out on a blanket in the backyard under a sun-umbrella and listening to whatever music catches my interest at the time. But, when I have the bus fair *sniggers*, I enjoy sitting in a corner of a nearby coffee/gelato shop. It's peaceful, and all the smells and sounds somehow keep my creativity flowing. Not to mention the people are fun to watch, and great for ideas.

During the school year, I haunt the third floor of the science building at the local college. There are little tables squished into niches and alcoves along a hallway there. It's quiet, and very very peaceful. In general, I find it to be a good place to write- and they provide plugs for the ever-dying laptop! :-)

I'm curious to know, though. If anyone reads this blog- where do you write, and why?

4 comments:

Liana Brooks said...

I write in my study and on my laptop under duress. But ideas will mug me anywhere so I tend to carry extra paper and a pen with me just in case. I've been caught at library storytime scribbling down DL and making notes for a rewrite on the back of a picture my daughter had handed me.

Jessica said...

An excellent idea. I carry a notebook, so we're on the same page there.

And hey! You've made my day. First comment. Someone IS reading this! :D

Liana Brooks said...

I'll link you to my blog so maybe some of my readers will wander over :o)

I have a few... like 3 or 4 off and on. But I like them!

Jessica said...

Note to self:

Steal readers. Spread around the love.