Saturday, October 18

Fishy Eggs

While meeting with the manager of a classy little restaurant I hope to snag a job at, the family and I stopped for breakfast.

Whoever would have thought that eggs and fish went together?

I don't usually care much for omelets... but they served one just packed full with smoked Alaskan salmon in a cream cheese sauce and topped with cilantro. It's making my mouth water just thinking about it! It was by far the best meal I've ever eaten.

And mom got a shrimp scampi omelet. That was amazing too. Dad got a Dungenesse crap omelet. Also superb. We swapped plates.

But really. Fish and eggs? I never would have thought that would be appetizing. But geez it was. I'm glad it was expensive or I'd eat there again and again...and there would go this nice track of slimness I've been on!

1 comment:

Theresa Milstein said...

I live in Cambridge, MA, and am near this place, Ryles, which has a great Sunday brunch with live jazz. My favorite dish is a take on Eggs Benedict. It's two poached eggs atop english muffins, topped with smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce. It must be a million calories, so I only go there a few times a year.